Dot Net Nuke is an open-source Web Content Management System and now it is known as DNN. DNN is also a Web Application Framework based on the NET Framework.
C++ is the written language of DNN. It’s original author is Shawn Walker, developed by DNN Corporation and licensed under MIT.
There are two commercial editions of DNN named DNN Professional Edition released in February 2009 along with version 4.9 and the Enterprise Evoq version 9.0 introduced in the year 2016.
The main function of DNN is to manage your websites easily since it is more like an expandable software with functionality of exceeding range of third-party apps.
Before the DNN installation process, you have to follow the steps below,
- Initially, log in to Plesk —>Windows and domains.
- After that, go to the domain, we will be installing the DNN for that and click Dedicated IIS application pool.
- Then, make the changes below in the performance settings section.
- Idle timeout : 30
- Max. number of worker :2
- Action limit : Throttle
- Recycling when Max. number of virtual virtual memory is used : Unlimited.
- Recycling when the Max. number of private memory is used : Unlimited.
4. Then click OK and Apply.
After the DNN installation, change the performance settings as before. Check out the following configuration instructions and apply.
- Max. number of worker processes : 1
- When to recycle the max. number of Virtual memory used : Return to default value.
- When to recycle the maximum amount of private memory used : default value.
If the panel is not available, you can skip these steps.
Install DNN to the Domain
- Initially, download and extract the DNN files to the root folder of the domain.
- Then, select user account for running the website.
- Next step is to allow Full Permission for the DNN installation folder to the User account.
- First of all, check into Windows Explorer, go to the DNN installation folder and right-click it and click on Properties.
- Then, go to the Security tab and Edit.
- Select the username and choose Modify under Allow.
We can do this via File Manager as seen below:
- Log in to Plesk.
- Then click on Websites and Domains tab.
- Next select the portion you would like to modify permissions and select File Manager for the site for which you want to manage files.
- Then, you will be able to see a list of users on the right side. Choose the user from the right side as for whom you want to set up the file permissions and make the required changes.
- Select Save.
4. Now, you can create a database and save the database user and the password.
5. Then you have to give the required permissions to the database users like,
- First of all, open SSMS and open database server, right click Databases and select New Databases.
- Then, click Security below Users.
- Go to the Database User and right-click and select Properties.
- After that, check into Select a page and then to Owner Schema.
Then check db_datareader, db_owner and db_datawriter.
- Eventually, go to Membership and check db_owner.
Once these steps are done, go to your site, that will redirect you to installation wizard.
Here, you have to enter the required information and Admin section as follows,
Database Setup: Custom Database Type: SQL Server/SQL Server Express Database Server Name: you should use the correct version of the database. Database Name: Your database name Security: User Defined Database Username: Your database username Database Password: Your database password Run Database As: Database Owner (make sure this is checked) Click continue after the process, the installation is over. HelptoInstall Presents you with Cloud, Server Software Installation, Deployment and Migration Services at a cost-effective pricing scheme. We have deployed our Experts 24/7 for the Services.