A domain (or) website needs SSL Certificates for a secure connection and to verify the ownership of the domain. It will prevent attackers from making duplicate (or) fake versions of our domain.
This indicates that your website is not protected.
How does SSL Works?
- When a browser or server tries to connect to a site that is using SSL (HTTPS). It will pass the request to its corresponding webservers.
- Then the webserver will send an SSL certificate copy to the browser that tries to access the site.
- The browser will check that it will trust (or) not the SSL Certificate. If so then it will send a response to the webserver.
- Then the webserver will send a digitally signed acknowledgment to the server to start an SSL encrypted connection session.
- Then it will create an encrypted connection between the browser and webserver.
Does the Website really need SSL Certificates?
By using an SSL Certificate, it will secure the site’s following information,
- Login Credentials
- Credit Card using transaction (or) information about bank accounts
- Personal information
- Legal documents
- Propreitory information
Types of SSL Certificate
- Extended Validation Certificates. (EV SSL)
- Organization Validated Certificates (OV SSL)
- Domain Validated Certificates(DVSSL)
- Wildcard SSL Certificates (MDC)
- Unified Communications Certificates (UCC)
How to Obtain SSL Certificates ?
SSL Certificates can be obtained from Certificate Authorities (CA)
Some of the Certificate Authorities providing SSL Certificates are given here,
- Network Solutions
- Entrust Datacard
- Rapid SSL
There are also free SSL providers in our industry. Some of them are given here,
- Let’s encrypt
- Zero SSL
- Instant SSL
The Cpanel like Control Panel is also providing the feature of free SSL (Auto SSL).
Purchasing an SSL is not only the way for securing your server the installation of SSL Certificates on your domain/server also should be done carefully.
You can also harden your SSL Security for the domain to a high score. To do so, you’ll need to work with a server security specialist to change the SSL configuration on the server.
We are also providing sectigo positive and wildcard SSL Certificates through our services.
Also by choosing an SSL installation plan with us configure your server/domain to obtaining an A+ grade in SSL labs.
Visit https://www.helptoinstall.com/ for Server, Cloud Software Installation, and Deployment service.